For your audience insights assignment you will:
Research questions are not the same as the specific questions you will ask your participants during the focus group. The specific questions to the participants will vary depending on your topic.
Written Assignment Required Sections:
1. Purpose (of the Focus Groups or Interview)
– Overview of the participants’ demographics (no identifying information)
– Criteria for selection
– Method of recruitment
– When and how data were collected (via zoom, telephone, email, etc)
– how were responses recorded (zoom, iphone, etc.)
– Hod responses were analyzed (if you’ve never taken a research class, you don’t have to be technical in your description of the analysis)
– General conclusions on the research questions above (those that apply to your project)
5. Audience insights
– Findings that will be particularly helpful in designing messages or strategies to reach this audience
– Verbatim quotes from participants that illustrate the insights
6. Recommendations for strategy
Main takeaways to guide strategy and messaging.
Expected length: 5-10 pages single spaced.
Communication grad students only: required to demonstrate and apply knowledge learned in research and strategy courses