My Future as a Human Services Professional
[WLO: 4] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 13, 14 and the epilogue from your text, The generalist model: Where do the micro and macro converge? (Links to an external site.) and Self-care in the world of empirically supported treatments (Links to an external site.). Your final paper should identify and analyze a specific need identified by a community.
Your summative assessment will require you to reflect on your future as a human services professional. In your paper, you must comprehensively address the following:
- Evaluate your career selection that was made in Week 1.
- What populations do you want to serve and in what capacity?
- What type of organization do you want to be working for in the future (or now if you plan to stay with your organization as you advance)?
- Appraise the past, current, and future societal issues facing the human services profession with your chosen population and organization.
- Evaluate a minimum of one historical issue related to your population.
- What current challenges might your clients face and how might this impact your organization as well as your work?
- What future societal issues might your clients and organization face?
- Evaluate how you might perform your role in this field.
- How might you be supervised?
- What might your working relationships be with your colleagues?
- How will you maintain healthy boundaries with clients?
- What other services might your organization offer and how might these services interact with yours.
- Assess the impact that the community will have on your clients and organization?
- How will you work to serve your clients within the community?
- How do you think you will have an impact on the global needs in terms of the population you have chosen to serve?
- Compare the human services organization where you currently work or might work with a similar human services organization that serves the same population.
- Outline the similarities and differences, evaluating which is more of an effective model of a human services agency.
The My Future as a Human Services Professional final paper
- Must be six to eight double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper (bold and with a space between the title and the rest of the information)
- Student’s name, followed by institution name (“Ashford University”)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Waypoint Assignment Submission
The assignments in this course will be submitted to Waypoint. Please refer to the instructions below to submit your assignment.
- Click on the Assignment Submission button below. The Waypoint “Student Dashboard” will open in a new browser window.
- Browse for your assignment.
- Click Upload.