PSY278 Human Grow And Development Discussion
PSY278: Week 7 Assignment Page 1
Course Project: Lifespan Development Project Deliverable #2: The Person and the Theory
This week, you will look for a news story on an individual and describe the lifespan developmental stage/age the individual is experiencing. Thinking like a developmentalist, you will apply concepts from the book and describe what may have contributed to this person’s situation.
This assignment is intended to explore various theories and influences regarding human development. You will use research skills and communicate and support your ideas using clear and logical writing.
Perform the following tasks:
· Complete the reading assignment and the interactive lesson before attempting this assignment.
· Select a recent news article about a life event of an individual. It can be health related, accident related, educational, or even achievement-oriented. It will be one “slice in the lifespan of that person.” For example, you might select a story of someone who has achieved a major goal in life after experiencing a debilitating accident. An example would be Nick Vujicic. Or, you could choose the story of an individual who may be suspected of a developmental disorder, and who is involved in tragedy such as James Holmes. You are encouraged to Google these individuals and read about their stories for ideas for your own selection. Write an essay (approximately 150-175 words) in the space provided in the Assignment Worksheet section on page three addressing the following questions:
1. What is happening to this individual? Give a brief summary.
2. What stage of lifespan developmental stage/age is this person experiencing (i.e. Infant, child, adolescent, or adult and the chronological age)?
3. How might have the “twig” (person) been bent? Select at least three major developmentalist assumptions such as nature/nurture, behaviorism, genetic code, sociocultural, or any other developmental concepts from your textbook and discuss how these developmental concepts may have contributed to this person’s situation before, during and after the life event featured in the news article.
· Submit the Week 7 Assignment via Blackboard by clicking on the “Week 7 Assignment: Lifespan Development Project” link.
· Include the proper file naming convention: PSY278_wk7_assn_jsmith_mmddyyyy.
Rubric: See Written Assignment Rubric for grading details.
Gradable items in assignment
Describe the individual and what is happening.
Indicate the stage/age of lifespan development.
Indicate three major developmentalist assumptions and how they contribute to the person’s situation before, during, and after life event.
Adhere to Writing Conventions.
[Write your essay here…]